ACT-CSD-1 Demonstrate knowledge of general suspension and steering systems,
diagnosis, and repair.
ACT-CSD-2 Demonstrate knowledge of steering geometry diagnosis, adjustment, and repair.
ACT-CSD-3 Demonstrate knowledge of chassis materials and components.
ACT-CSD-4 Demonstrate knowledge of hydraulic system diagnosis and repair.
ACT-CSD-5 Demonstrate knowledge of brake diagnosis and repair
ACT-CSD-6 Demonstrates knowledge of related physical science principles.
ACT-CSD-7 Identify hybrid vehicle power steering system electrical circuits, service and safety precautions.
ACT-ESD-1 Demonstrate knowledge of general electrical concepts, diagnosis, and repair.
ACT-ESD-2 Demonstrate knowledge of battery concepts, diagnosis, and repair.
ACT-ESD-3 Demonstrate knowledge of starting system concepts, diagnosis, and repair.
ACT-ESD-4 Demonstrate knowledge of charging system concepts, diagnosis, and repair.
ACT-ESD-5 Demonstrate knowledge of lighting systems concepts, diagnosis, and repair.
ACT-ESD-6 Demonstrate knowledge of gauges, warning devices, and driver information.
ACT-ESD-7 Demonstrate knowledge of electrical accessory systems diagnosis and repair.
ACT-ESD-8 Demonstrates knowledge of related physical science principles.
ACT-ESD-9 Identify location of hybrid vehicle high voltage circuit disconnect (service plug) location and safety procedures.
ACT-FTL-1: Demonstrates knowledge of safety, OSHA, EPA issues and procedures
ACT-FTL-2: Demonstrate use of tools, equipment, and instruments.
ACT-FTL-3: Describe Shop organization, management, and workflow systems.
ACT-FTL-4: Describe and explain the properties of electricity.
ACT-FTL-5: Demonstrates knowledge of related physical science principles.
ACT-FTL-6: Demonstrates understanding of reference material usage electronic and published.
ACT-FTL-7: Demonstrates knowledge of mechanical systems.
ACT-FTL-8: Demonstrate knowledge of transportation entrepreneurship management.
ACT-FTL-9: Exhibits appropriate oral and written communication on personal and professional levels.
ACT-FTL-10: Determines problem solving strategies
- REVIEW SAFETY / EMERGENCY PROCEDURES AND SAFE WORK PRACTICES
- UNDERSTAND THE NEW STATE OF GA AUTOMOTIVE CURRICULUM AND STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
- REVIEW NATEF INDUSTRY CERTIFICATION STANDARDS
- CONTINUE SETUP AND ORGANIZATION OF THE AUTO SHOP LAB AND EQUIPMENT
- COMPLETE WEB BASED TRAINING AND PRE/POST SAFETY TESTS
- PASS 5 QUIZZES WITH A SCORE OF 70% OR HIGHER AND POST TEST WITH 80% MINIMUM
- COMPLETE THE TODAYS CLASS.COM SAFETY TRAINING UNIT
- UNDERSTAND VEHICLE LIFT POINTS
- LIFT VEHICLES BY FRAME
- RAISE VEHICLE WITH JACK AND JACK STANDS
- REMOVE AND REINSTALL WHEELS AND TIRES
- DEMONSTRATE PROPER USE OF THE TORQUE WRENCH AND TORQUE PATTERN
- INFLATE TIRES ACCORDING TO MANUFACTURER SPECS
- REMOVE AND REINSTALL TIRE ON WHEEL USING COATS MACHINE